Your privacy is important to us! Science Kids at Home is committed to protecting
the privacy and security of the personal information that you provide to us.
This policy explains what information we collect, how we use it, how it is protected.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Canadian Personal Information
Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is Science Kids at Home
We are a division of S & N Enterprises Inc., a company incorporated in the province of
British Columbia Canada.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically
and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as email
address, age or
date of birth, and credit records. Note: Name, address and phone number may not be considered
personal under PIPEDA since this information is usually available in public sources such as phone
books. However, Science Kids at Home consider all the information you provide to be confidential.
Your child's personal information
We do want to post comments from visitors and ideas from children on our website. Most of the time,
we will post first names only. You can be confident that we will
protect your children's privacy when they send us comments, photos
or new ideas. Details about a child's identity would only be
posted if we could verify that the child's parent wanted those
details published on our website. We prefer to just use a
child's first name with their comment.
We believe children should be safe
and don't want to expose them to endless marketing emails. We will
never market directly to children.
We respect your privacy and will continue to be very careful to protect
the privacy of all children. We are happy to comply with the
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
We commit to the following privacy principles:
- We are accountable to you. We are responsible for all personal
information under our control.
- We let you know why we collect your personal information. We do
this either before we collect
it or at the time we collect it.
- We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information.
If you sign up for our
newsletter, you consent to us storing your email address so that we
may send you the newsletter.
We don't associate any personal data with this traffic data.
- We limit collection of your personal information. We only collect what is needed to
provide the service (such as our newsletter).
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- communicating with you generally
- providing services requested by you
- recommending products and services that Science Kids at Home believes will be of
interest and provide value to you
- to comply with legal and governmental requirements
- We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information.
Science Kids at Home uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes
it was collected. We do not sell or rent personal information to
any organization or person for any reason. We do not share your personal
information with third party organizations. We
retain your personal information only as long as it is required for our
business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
- We keep your personal information up to date and accurate. You may request access to the
personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate.
- The security of your personal information is a priority for Science Kids at Home.
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets,
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as
browser encryption and passwords for access to stored data,
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals,
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
- We are open about our privacy and security policy.
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information
about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information.
This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site,
www.sciencekidsathome.com/privacy.html or on request. To contact us, refer to the How to Contact us section below.
- We provide you access to your personal information.
You can request access to the personal information that we have stored.
To contact us, refer to the How to Contact us section below.
- We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy.
Science Kids at Home responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and
complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies
How to Contact Us
If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction
or if you have further questions, you can contact the Science Kids at
Home Chief Privacy Officer
by mail at Chief Privacy Officer c/o Science Kids at Home, 287 ILott
Place, Victoria, BC, V9C 3V6, Canada.